Her-story!

I always thought I would have years to write my history and wondered why I should write it anyway.

Lately I have felt that time is very short and it needed to be done and yet it is something I do not want to do.
Maybe because I am not sure how it will be received by those who read it and if it will ever be read and believed.

I was born in Prove, Utah.

My Mom had a very hard time delivering me and nearly died.

My soft spot on my head was closed so I was to have the fate of a small head and many other challenges of life.
Dad was overseas [during World War 2] flying out of India and over the hump.
For several weeks he did not know he had a daughter.

I went home to 184 West Main St, American Fork, Utah, to live at Grandpa Glen and Grandma Leila’s home.

[This is Mother's story. Remember her.]

Thursday, July 1, 2010




…happy life begins with taking charge of our actions.
It means making the choice to act rather
than react to the whims of others…
It’s almost always the better path to
take the extra moment to consider
our response to others and to life,
and to act rather than react.
In that extra moment we have
the opportunity to hear God’s
soft voice and every time we make
the decision to listen to the softer
voice we will be able to
refrain from reacting.
God’ soft voice will guide us to do
the loving thing, to speak the kind word,
to walk away from the situations
that are escalating into ugly scenes

Change your mind your life will follow
.
Karen Casey pg 137

1 comment:

  1. mom, LOVE what you are doing with your blog and look forward to reading more. You are getting good at this!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I haven't been on the computer long enough to do much but keep up with Relief Society. This weekend I get a break and some time to catch up and reflect on the last month. It has been good and long and FULL of goings and coming home. I will catch up here and catch you up and also answer your questions about blogging. Love you...stacie

    ReplyDelete